How to manually change the language used in Office 2016 for Mac without changing MacOS language
- First close all open Office 2016 applications
- Open Finder, "Go -> Applications"
- Right click on any "Office 2016" application
- Choose "Show Package Contents"
- Select and open folder: Contents -> Resources
- Find folders with name that ends *.lproj
- Delete all these folders except one with your necessary language (nl.lproj)
- Repeat this for all Office 2016 apps
You don't have to change any regional settings on your MacOS
There is one drawback, when there is an update all language file are restored.
You must repeat delete all unnessary language files.
2016 for MacOS
Microsoft One Note