Connect to a Windows computer from a Mac
Connect to a Windows computer by entering its address
- In the Finder, choose Go > Connect to Server.
- Type the network address for the computer in the Server Address field using one of these formats:
- Finder -> command-k (connect to server), cifs://htpc, Connect
- For information about the correct format for network addresses, see Network address formats for shared computers and servers.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to type the workgroup name and a user name and password, then choose the shared folder you want to access.
- If you don’t know the workgroup name and the network name (called the computer name) for the Windows computer, contact the person who owns the computer or your network administrator.
- If necessary, enter your user name and password and select volumes or shared folders on the server.
- Passwords for Windows computers and servers are often 14 characters or fewer. Check with the owner or administrator to be sure you have the correct password.
- To make it easier to connect to the computer in the future, select “Remember this password in my keychain” to add your user name and password for the computer to your keychain.